Thursday, August 25, 2011

Simple Pizza Dough

Pin It
I usually buy the fresh pizza dough at the store that comes in a bag just for the convenience of it.  My sister-in-law told me pizza dough was super easy to make so tonight I decided to try it out for dinner.  It was so easy and fast that I could make it when I got home from work - no morning preparation necessary or crazy rising times. This is a great basic dough that could be used in a variety of ways and topped any way you like it.

Simple Pizza Dough
4 c flour
1 - 1/4oz packet of quick rise yeast
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 t salt
2 T olive oil
1 can room temperature beer (I used Bud Light because that is what we had, any beer should do though)

1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mix on medium speed using a dough hook until it forms a smooth, soft dough ball.
2. Leave dough in mixing bowl, drizzle top of dough with 1 T olive oil and cover bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
3. Let dough rise for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
5. Press dough into a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake 3-4 minutes. (so toppings don't make dough soggy)
7. Top with toppings of your choice and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.

My husband and I have different preferencces when it comes to pizza so I made a half and half (pepperoni and peppers for him, pepperoni, pineapple and onion for me)


 Just after mixing

pressed in pan
All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment