Pin It I love soup on cold, rainy days. I find it so comforting and I love the delicious smell that takes over your house. It's a great way to spend a lazy day inside. If you like stuffed peppers you will love this easy soup. I actually like the soup better because you don't have to fight with the pepper skin when you are eating it and all of the flavors are blended together perfectly. Makes great leftovers for lunch for several days (if it lasts that long at your house).
Stuffed Pepper Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 bell peppers, diced (any color, I used red, yellow and green this time)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can beef broth
2 cups cooked rice
1/4 c brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
2. Add onions and peppers to the pot and let them brown/cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Stirring occassionally.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add cooked rice and ground beef. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Can simmer all day if you want.
5. Serve with warm rolls to soak up the juices and enjoy :)