Thursday, March 8, 2012

Banana Pudding

Pin It I have a habit of buying bananas and not eating them.  It is a texture issue.  I usually end up letting them get over ripe and then making banana bread, muffins or cake.  I'm proud to say that this time I actually bought bananas and used them immediately for this delicious dessert.  I am not a huge fan of raw bananas or overly banana flavored things.  And when I said that I was bringing a banana dessert to Sunday dinner I did not get the most enthusiastic reply.  However, this is a winner!  Simple, (sort of) healthy, no baking required and feeds a crowd.  It is also super versatile.  You could substitute your favorite fruit for the bananas and I'm sure it would be delicious.  I ate some of the leftovers with some fresh strawberries and it was pretty tasty.

Banana Pudding
1 box vanilla wafers
3-4 bananas, sliced
1 box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk, I used skim
1 package cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container whipped topping

1. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish with vanilla wafers.  Top cookies with a layer of bananas.  Save some for the topping.
2. Combine milk and pudding mix.  Whisk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Stir in pudding mixture and mix until combined.
4. Fold whipped topping into the pudding mixture.  Pout carefully over the bananas and cookies.
5. Top with cookies and remaining bananas.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  The longer you refrigerate, the softer the cookies will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment