Pin It Albert and I frequent the local wine bar. In addition to their great wine selection, they have quite a tasty menu. Last time we went we had sliders and they were fantastic. They were so good in fact that I decided to recreate them for dinner later that week. I have to say these turned out quite well. Juicy burgers topped with melted gruyere, crispy bacon, red onions and roasted red peppers on a bakery fresh bun. What more could you want? I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Wine Bar Sliders
* makes 6
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp steak seasoning
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
3 strips of bacon, cooked
gruyere cheese (enough for 6 slider sized slices)
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1 large roasted red pepper, cut into short strips (I buy them in a jar)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp basil pesto (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
6 rolls (we used bakery dinner rolls)
1. Mix ground beef and seasonings together. Form into 6 sliders and grill.
2. Meanwhile, brown onions and red peppers with olive oil in a skillet. It only takes about 3 minutes.
3. Mix mayo and basil together.
4. Top burgers with cheese for the last few minutes of cooking. Cover and let the steam melt the cheese.
5. Spread basil mayo on buns, top with a burger. Top burger with onions, peppers and bacon. Enjoy!
**you can substitute your favorite cheese if you can't find gruyere. We just like how it melts and the mild taste that doesn't overpower the other ingredients.