Pin It Another potato side dish. This is also another one of those super simple, almost too easy to write a post about, recipes. However, this is one of Albert's favorite side dishes. These potatoes go with chicken , pork, steak...pretty much everything. They are also super easy to whip up because the ingredients are usually already in my kitchen. The recipe can be adjusted to feed one or a crowd. Feel free to add some extra seasonings as well. Since Albert has a simple palate, seasoned salt is all he likes. Enjoy!
* 2 servings
1 large baking potato, sliced into thin rounds
1 tbsp onion, finely minced
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 2 tbsp olive oil tothe bottom of the pan.
2. Add onions to the pan and cook for about a minute.
3. Place the potatoes in a single layer (some overlapping is ok) and sprinkle generously with seasoned salt.
4. Let potatoes cook, without turning, for about 5 minutes. Then flip and let cook, undisturbed for another 5 minutes. The not flipping part is the key to crispy potatoes.
5. If your potatoes are not crispy enough for your liking, continue flipping and waiting until they are your desired crispiness.