Pin It Another awesome use for over ripe bananas! These bars are a cross between banana bread and chocolate chip cookies. It definitely has a more cake-like consistency than banana bread or muffins. It makes a great breakfast or fast snack with a glass of milk. I made a pan of these for work and they were gobbled up quite quickly.
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
Original Recipe from Onesie Twosie
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter or
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
medium sized bananas, mashed
1 large egg
1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan (or 9x13 pan for thicker bars).
2. Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add bananas, vanilla and egg. Mis until smooth.
3. Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Spread mixture into pan. Optional: Sprinkle top with brown sugar
6. bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.