Pin It My husband likes to take baked goodies to work. I love making baked goodies so it works out perfectly. This is probably one of the best coffeecake recipes I have ever tried. It was so good I made it twice in one weekend because I was sad I gave the first one away. It is fluffy, moist, berry perfection. It is absolutely perfect with a cup of coffee. It's the perfect way to start your morning.
Shared at Weekend Potluck and Strut Your Stuff Saturday.
Mixed Berry Breakfast Cake
Recipe adapted from Eat Drink Pretty
1 stick butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package nonfat cream cheese
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
2-3 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries, unthawed ( I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Beat in sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
4. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
5. Slowly add dry mixture to wet, alternating with milk, until just mixed.
6. Stir in berries.
7. Smooth batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
8. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter.
9. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before cutting.