Pin It More Super Bowl snacks. These were hands down the winner for the most popular snack of the evening. I made 100 of them and they were gobbled up by the 3rd quarter. Very easy, but a little time consuming. Will definitely be making these gems again.
Rhodes dinner rolls (as many as you like, each roll makes 4 bites)
1/2 cup baking soda
coarse sea salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Thaw rolls until soft, but still cold and not risen. Cut each roll into 4 pieces. I used kitchen scissors and it worked great.
2. Arrange dough on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to rise until double in size (about 40 minutes).
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the baking soda.
4. Drop about 10 bites at a time into the water. Toss gently with a slotted spoon for about 45 seconds. They will puff up slightly. Remove and place on paper towel to drain. Repeat until all bites have been boiled.
5. Place boiled bites on a greased baking sheet. (They will look shriveled, they will puff up in the oven).
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and generously brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt.