Pin It We had twice baked potatoes at our wedding reception. We both love them, but I rarely make them because they are too time consuming for a weeknight meal. I had extra time this weekend so I whipped up a batch. These are super simple, but a little time consuming. They make a great side with potato chip chicken.
4 large baking potates
1/2 cup sour cream
2 T butter
3 T milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
3 slices bacon, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped or 1 T dried chives
1-2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake for 45-55 minutes, until cooked through.
2. Once potatoes are cooked, allow to cool slightly until you can handle them. (or use a towel to hold the potatoes).
3. Slice potatoes in hald lengthwise. Scrape out the insides of the potatoes into a bowl, being careful to save 4 of the halves to refill.
4. Mix sour cream, butter, milk, bacon, cheese and green onions into the potatoes until well combined and smooth. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
5. Spoon mixture into 4 potato halves. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through.