Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Potato Chip Chicken

Pin It Plain old chicken can get boring pretty quick.  I was feeling less than enthused about cooking chicken for dinner so I went to my pantry for inspiration.  My eyes landed on half a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips and this star was born.  I have to say this is one of the most delicious chicken recipes I have had in a while.  The chicken stays juicy while the outside gets a golden crunch.  Tastes similar to fried chicken without the frying.  Will definitely be making this one again.


Potato Chip Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 cups coarsely crushed salt and vinegar potato chips (or flavor of your choice)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place a baking rack inside an edged bakin pan.  Generously spray the rack with cooking spray.
2. Set out 3 dishes (I used dinner plates).  On the first plate mix flour with salt and pepper.  On the second plate beat the egg.  On the third plate pour the potato chips.
3. Take one chicken breast and dredge it through the flour mixture.  Next dip the chicken in the egg.  Then press the chicken into the potato chips until it is well coated.  Place the chicken on the baking rack.  Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment