Pin It Happy New Year everyone! One of my favorite stores is Trader Joe's. They just have such unique foods and sauces. I used a little help from their Island Soyaki Sauce. This is a great side dish for Trader Joe's orange chicken or you can add some chicken or shrimp and make it a meal.
Island Soyaki Fried Rice
2 cups cooked rice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup Island Soyaki sauce ( or a mixture of 1/4 c soy sauce and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce)
**feel free to add any other veggies or meats that you would like such as bean sprouts, chicken, shrimp, or even pineapple)
1. Heat up a skillet/wok over medium high heat on your stove. Add onions, carrots and peas and cook until starting to brown.
2. Add egg to pan and quickly stir it to cook the egg (so it breaks into small pieces like scrambled eggs)
3. Add Soyaki Sauce and heat to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and stir in rice. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Top with chopped green onions before serving.