Pin It I had a pack of chicken leg quarters in my freezer and needed something to do with them. So I created this recipe over my Christmas break. It turned out quite delicious. A good winter, comfort food item. Delicious when served with Keep Your Man Happy Potatoes.
4 chicken leg quarters, bone in, skin on (or any cut of chicken that you prefer)
4 Tbsp butter, melted
zest of one lemon, divided
Juice of half of lemon
4 lemon slices (from the unjuiced half, it's ok that you zested it)
2 Tbsp seafood seasoning (like Old Bay or Wildtree Bayou Blend)
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and put a wire baking/cooling rack on top of the foil. Spray rack with cooking spray.
2. Mix half of the lemon zest, seafood seasoning and oregano. Spread mixture under the skin of each piece of chicken.
3. Mix lemon juice, butter and remaining zest. Pour a little butter under the skin of each chicken on top of the spice mixture.
4. Place the chicken on the rack on the pan and cover with remaining lemon butter mixture. Top each piece of chicken with a lemon slice.
5. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.