1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp yogurt (plain or vanilla - I used Boston cream pie because I had it on hand)
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup blackberries, cut into pieces
2/3 cup blueberries
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp groung nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until well blended. Add vanilla, lemon zest and yogurt and mix.
3. Sift flour, baking poowder and salt together. Add four mixture and milk alternately to the batter, ending with the flour mixture. Mix well.
4. Spread batter in a greased 8 inch square pan.
5. Sprinkle berries on top of batter.
6. Mix topping ingredients with a pastry cutter or fork until it forms crumbs. SPrinkle on top of berries.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Optional-make a glaze of powdered sugar and milk to drizzle on top.