Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter, softened
2 Tbsp oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup milk (I used vanilla almond milk, but any variety will do)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat butter, oil and sugar until creamed.
3. Beat in eggs and egg white one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mash bananas with milk and set aside.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, alternating with the banana mixture until all is combined.
6. Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts, optional (I used pecans, feel free to use your favorite)
Cream the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until well blended and smooth.
To toast the nuts, place on an ungreased baking sheet. Put in a 375 degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until the nuts become fragrant. DO NOT OVERBAKE.