Pin It I was on a baked potato kick and made them multiple times in one week. Then my husband spoke up and asked for a little variety. That's where these puppies came from. I used the same technique as smashed potatoes, and just added some toppings. They were phenomenal. I could have made an entire meal of just these potatoes (and I just might one of these days).
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
*makes 6 side dish servings
2 large baking potatoes, cut into thirds (so you have 3 thick round chunks)
green onions, chopped
1. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Transfer potatoes to a foil lined broiler pan.
2. Smash each potato flat with a potato masher.
3. Place a small dab of butter on each potato, season with seasoned salt.
4. Sprinkle on cheddar and bacon bits.
5. Place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Top with green onions before serving.
**These were delicious served with sour cream