Pin It I love the sizzle of fajitas cooking. I also love how fast you can whip up an entire dinner when making them. I marinated my steak for a few hours before cooking to help tenderize it and it worked wonders on my cheap cut of steak. These were bursting with flavor from the marinated steak and the fresh veggies.
1 lb thin cut steak
1/2 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 large white onion, sliced
fresh cilantro leaves
1. Place steak, lime juice, oil and spices in a gallon size zip top bag, squeeze it a bit to mix everything together, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking.
2. Remove steak from bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Cook steak in a skillet over medium high heat about 3 minutes on each side or until deisred doneness.
3. Remove steak from skillet and set aside. In same skillet saute peppers and onions until starting to get tender and browned.
4. Slice steak into thin strips against the grain and return to the skillet. Toss with peppers and onions.
5. Serve in warm flour tortillas with toppings of your choice.