Candy Corn Cookies
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
Zest of 1 medium lemon
Juice from half of lemon
1/8 tsp salt
3 cups flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp baking soda
red food dye
yellow food dye
1/2 cup sugar for rolling
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add egg, lemon juice and zest. Beat until smooth.
3. Slowly add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until combined.
4. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Leave one piece white, dye one piece yellow and the other piece orange.
5. Line a loaf pan with foil. Press white dough in an evn layer on the bottom. Then layer orange dough. Top with yellow dough.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Dough must be firm.
7. Preheat oven to 325.
8. Remove dough from loaf pan and foil. Slice off a 1/2 inch think slice from the short end of the loaf.
9. Lay flat and cut slice into 6 triangles. Roll each triangle in sugar.
10. Arrange dough on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
11. Bake 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
12. Cool and enjoy.