Thursday, October 27, 2011

Meat Lovers Lasagna

Pin It My huband loves meat.  The more meat the better.  I on the other hand prefer a variety of flavors and textures in my foods.  Veggie lasagna is my fave.  This recipe was my first attempt at no boil noodles and I am now converted.  They are so simple and save you tons of time.  I thought they might be gummy or hard, but they tasted just like regular boiled noodles.  This can also be made the night before and just heated before dinner the next day.  Leftovers store really well. 

Meat Lovers Lasagna
**makes a 2 qt, 7 x 11 baking dish**
1 pkg no boil lasagna noodles (I used Barilla)
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground italian sausage, hot or mild
1 cup ricotta cheese, rediced fat is fine
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 large can tomato sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown ad crumble beef and sausage in a large skillet.  Drain and return meat to skillet.
3. Add tomatoes and sauce.  Heat through.
4. Spread 1/2 c meat sauce on bottom of 7 x 11 baking dish.
5. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, spread 1/3 ricotta cheese on noodles, pour meat sauce to cover cheese, sprinkle with mozzerella.  Repeat until you have 3 layers.  End with mozzerella on top.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment