Friday, October 28, 2011

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Pin It I have a habit  of buying bananas and never eating them.  I know they are healthy, but I really can't handle the texture.  Because of this I always have very ripe bananas at my house and sometimes I just don't want banana bread.  I stumbled upon this recipe at Skinny Taste, my go to website for recipe ideas.  This is a great use for those leftover bananas.  I would describe it more as a dessert than a breakfast muffin, which is why I looked forward to waking up and eating one of these for 3 days in a row.

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins


  • 3  ripe bananas, mashed




  • 1/4 cup apple sauce




  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour




  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder




  • 3/4 tsp baking soda




  • 1/4 tsp salt




  • 2 tbsp butter, softened




  • 1/3 cup sugar




  • 2 large egg whites




  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract




  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips




  • 1. preheat oven to 325 degrees.
    2. Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, applesauce, vanilla and bananas.  Mix thoroughly.
    3. Slowly add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Blend at low speed until just combined.  Be careful not to overmix.
    4. Stir in chocolate chips.
    5. Evenly divide mixture into 12 lined muffin cups.
    6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment