Pin It Happy Halloween! What better way to celebrate than by carving a pumpkin and getting a delicious, nutritious snack out of it as well. The smell of roasting pumpkin seeds reminds me of fall and being a kid and carving pumpkins with my family. Even though we don't have kids, my husband and I still carve a pumpkin to welcome all of the trick-or-treaters to our home. You don't have to actually carve the pumpkin to enjoy these delicious seeds, but it is an added festive bonus.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1 pumpkin for carving
1 tsp olive oil
seasoned salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut off top of pumpkin and scoop out seeds and goo. Separate the seeds from the goo.
3. Arrange seeds in a single layer on a foil covered baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently.
5. Sprinkle with seasoned salt to taste.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, tossing every 5, until golden brown.
7. Cool slightly and enjoy!