Steamed Lobster Tails
2 lobster tails
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 packet of seafood and crab boil seasoning (I used McCormick's)
2 T Old Bay Seasoning
Melted Butter for dipping
1. Fill bottom of broiler pan with 1/2 inch of water.
2. Arrange lemons and onions in a single lyer inthe water. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning packet and Old Bay.
3. Put grate on top of broiler pan. Lay lobster tails across the openings of the grate.
4. Cover tightly with foil. You want all of the sides to be sealed so it creates a steamer effect.
5. Place broiler pan over 2 burners on your stove. Turn heat to medium high.
6. When you can see steam, set your timer for 8 minutes. DO NOT PEEK! It will ruin the steam effect. It is ok if some of the liquid escapes out of the sides. It is easy to clean up.
7. When timer goes off, turn off burners and let lobster cool for a few minutes, until steam slows so you don't burn yourself.
8. Carefully uncover.
9. Serve with melted butter for dipping.
|Broiler pan over 2 burners|