Pin It A great meal for a cold weeknight. Warm, tomatoey, meaty goodness nestled inside crisp green pepper shells and toppd with cheese. Very easy to assemble, minimal cleanup, great leftovers. What more could you want? These could easily be assembled the night before and baked when you get home from work.
Stuffed Green Peppers
4 medium green bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds. Submerge peppers in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. ***do not skip the boiling or it will take forever to bake these***(I learned my lesson)
3. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and onions. Drain well and return to skillet.
4. Add tomato sauce, rice and spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove peppers from water and drain well. Place peppers in an oven safe dish. Fill peppers with meat filling. Top with shredded parmesan.
**if you have extra filling, pile it between all of the peppers. It is still dellicious and great for people who want a little bit more, but not a whole pepper.**
6. Bake 20-25 minutes until peppers are tender and cheese is lightly browned.