Pin It Since Albert is a meat and potatoes kind of guy he loves shepherd's pie. This is one of those meals that can be made a day in advance and heated when you are ready. Comfort food at it's finest :)
So Easy Shepherd's Pie
1 lb ground beef
1 packet onion soup mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 1/2 cups of water
1 can corn, drained
4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chunked
1/4 c milk
1 T butter
3 T sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes until tender.
2. Meanwhile brown and drain ground beef in a large skillet.
3. Put beef back in skillet. Add oinion soup mix, gravy mix and 1 1/2 cups of water. Stir until mixture comes to a boil. Take off heat.
4. Drain potatoes and put back in pot. Add milk, butter and sour cream. Mash until smooth. Add more milk and sour cream to get to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 7x11 baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Put beef mixture in bottom of pan. Cover with corn.
7. Smooth potatoes on top of corn.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbling.