Pin It This is one of those recipes that reminds me of my childhood. It reminds me of waking up at my grandma's house to the smell of freshly baked breakfast. This is a classic, dense coffee cake with plump, juicy blueberries and a delicious streusel topping, drizzled with vanilla glaze. Breakfast perfection!
You could substitue any type of berries, cherries, fruit that you like.
Grandma's Blueberry Coffee Cake
3 1/3 c flour
1 1/3 c sugar
1 c butter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 c powdered sugar
2. Mix flour, sugar and butter with a pastry cutter until butter is broken up into pea-sized pieces.
3. Remove 1 1/2 cups of mixture and set aside for topping.
4. To the remaining flour mixture add eggs, milk, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well with a hand mixer.
5. Spread batter in a lightly greased jelly roll pan. Top with blueberries. Sprinkle reserved topping on top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Allow to cool completely.
7. Mix powdered sugar with 1 T of water to make a glaze. Drizzle on top of cake.