Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gooey Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pin It While I have been MIA, I have not been idle.  I was also anxiously awaiting my early Christmas present from my hubby: a brand new high def camera so I can take decent pictures of my culinary creations.  Lots of posts in the days to follow. 
These are my go-to cookie recipe for the holidays (or really any time of the year).  I learned to make these while working at a catering company when I was 16.  They have been a staple in my kitchen ever since.  I love them because I generally have all of the ingredients handy.  The recipe is also quite versatile and can be changed to a new flavor instantly.


Gooey Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 pkg cream cheese, softened (can be reduced fat, but not fat free)
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup mini chocolate chips
powdered sugar

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter, cream cheese and egg until smooth.
3. Mix in cake mix until well combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl.  Drop tablespoon sized globs (not perfect balls or sugar won't stick) into the powdered sugar and coat well.
6. Place dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or unil golden brown on bottom and when the cookies can be picked up off of the parchment paper without sticking.


No comments:

Post a Comment