Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thin Mints

Pin It Thin Mints remind me of selling cookies as  Girl Scout.  These taste quite similar and can be enjoyed year round.  I love making these at Christmas time because they are no bake so they can be made while I'm waiting for other cookies to get out of the oven.  Another pretty addition to holiday cookie trays.  I usually end up making at least a double batch of these also.

Thin Mints
1 bag mint chocolate chips (I used Nestle Toll House)
25 Ritz Crackers
crushed candy canes for garnish

1. Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
3. Dip crackers in the chocolate and lay on wax paper.
4. Sprinkle candy canes on top to give it a estive touch.
5. Allow to cool completely before trying to remove from wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment