Pin It Add some excitement to your breakfast with an egg and hashbrown casserole. This recipe can serve a crowd and doesn't require constant babysitting if you were making all eggs to order.
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
6 eggs (can use egg substitute)
1/2 c sour cream
dash of hot sauce
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 T butter
1 T green chiles
3 T white onion, finely chopped
2 cups shredded hashbrown potatoes
4 precooked breakfast sausage links, cup into pieces or 1/4 lb cooked sausage crumbles
2/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously butter an 8x8 baking dish or an 8-9 inch pie pan.
3. Put butter, onions, green chiles and hashbrowns in a skillet. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until starting to brown.
4. Meanwhile, mix eggs, hot sauce, sour cream and seasoned salt until well combined.
5. Press hashbrown mixture in the bottom and up the sides of baking dish.
6. Sprinkle sausage on top of hasbrowns.
7. Pour egg mixture over sausage.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes until almost set in the middle and edges are golden.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes, or until melted.