Pin It Albert LOVES Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. Whenever we go to a restaurant and they have a version of a cheese steak you can bet money that is what he will order. I've been wanting to make cheese steaks at home for a while now and I just got this recipe from my mom. It is incredibly simple and the result is as good as any local deli. I think I also like this recipe because it allows me to use my crock pot. You need to do a little bit of prep work involving your oven, but the bulk of the cooking is done in your crock pot.
Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak
2-3 lb beef tenderloin
1 can beef broth
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Season beef with garlic salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Allow beef to cool slightly and slice into thin slices.
4. Place sliced beef and beef broth into a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
5. Just before serving, slice onions and peppers and saute in a little butter for 2-3 minutes, until just golden brown.
6. Serve by slicing hoagie in half and layering beef, onions, peppers and topping with cheese. I placed my sandwich in a toaster oven for about 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
**I do not like green peppers so I didn't use any for the picture. You can also add mushrooms if you like. Feel free to use whatever type of cheese you like the best also.**