Shrimp and Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Viniagrette
1 lb bag baby spinach
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 c roasted red peppers, diced
6 strips bacon, cubed
1/2 cup rice vinegar (white vinegar would work too)
4 tsp sugar **or to taste
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 lb shrimp
1. Cut bacon with kitchen scissors into small cubes. Place in a small saucepan and fry until bacon is cooked, stirring frequently.
2. Remove bacon and allow to cool on a paper towel. Leave bacon grease in pan and remove from heat.
3. CAREFULLY add vinegar, sugar and mustard to pan. (It will bubble and sizzle) Season with salt and pepper.Whisk to combine. Warm over low heat for 2 minutes. Place dressing in a serving dish.
4. Sprinle shrimp with garlic salt and add to the same pan that the dressing was in. Cook 3-5 minutes or until pink.
5. Assemble salad with spinach topped with peppers, onions, shrimp and bacon crumbles. Drizzle dressing on top.
6. Salad tastes best when you allow the dressing to wilt the spinach a bit. I usually pour it on and then get my drink or rest of my meal ready and it is perfect.