Pin It I made this for a family dessert and it was divine. Everyone raved about the fudge sauce on the bottom. It was amazing with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. It only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then you turn on your crock pot and forget it. It's an impressive dessert that looks complicated, but it is super simple. Who wouldn't love moist chocolate cake with a thick fudge sauce?
Crock Pot Lava Cake
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups water
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Add milk, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine.
2. Pour batter into a lined and greased crock pot. I used my round 3 quart slow cooker. If you don't have liners grease your pot very well.
3. Place sugar, cocoa and water in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 2 minutes or until just boiling.
4. Pour liquid on top of batter. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or until a toothpick comes out clean. (It took exactly 3 hours for me).
5. Scoop out making sure to get all of the fudge from the bottom. Serve with ice cream.