Pin It My husband LOVES dirt cups. He really is a little kid at heart. However, I was in charge of dessert for my family and didn't have the time or supplies to make real dirt cups. This has all of the components of dirt cups, but in a prettier, more grown-up presentation. Because this cake is served cold it is great for these super hot summer days!
Oreo Poke Cake
inspired by The Country Cook
1 chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make cake)
1 box Oreo pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup chocolate syrup (like Hershey's)
1 container Cool Whip
1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
1. Bake cake according to box directions.
2. When cake has about 5 minutes left, mix pudding and milk in a bowl. Allow to sit so it starts to thicken.
3. When cake comes out of the oven, take the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes about 1 inch apart over the whole cake.
4. Pour chocolate syrup over the cake, pushing it down into the holes. Pour pudding on next and spread over the top, pushing into the holes.
5. Cover cake and place in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.
6. Take cake out and cover with Cool Whip. Sprinkle with crushed Oreos just before serving. If you put the Oreos on too soon they will get soggy.