Saturday, June 16, 2012

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Pin It I consider myself a pretty good cook and I'm not afraid to experiment with recipes.  But when it comes to chocolate chip cookies I just can't do it.  My are always rock hard.  I've tried many recipes and always get the same result.  I was really nervous when my picky husband requested white chocolate macadamia nut cookies because I figures they would be rock hard as well.  Well my streak of rock cookies has ended!!!  These turned out crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle.  They remind me of the fundraiser cookies that kids are always selling for sports teams, just way cheaper :)  Enjoy!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Source:The Girl Who Ate Everything
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients and set aside (flour, baking powder, salt).
3. In a mixing bowl mix butter and sugar until well combined.  Add eggs one at a time mixing after each egg.  Add vanilla and mix.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment