Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Pin It I love cooking for other people.  Mostly because then I don't have to eat an entire batch of something by myself, but I also like to share delicious treats.  I was more than happy to provide breakfast for Albert's coworkers again this week.  I decided on muffins.  Albert doesn't like fruit or anything out of the ordinary so I decided that cinnamon and sugar was pretty safe.  I was right.  These were a crowd pleaser and make your house smell awesome!


Snickerdoodle Muffins
* adapted from Food.com
1 1/2 cups allpurpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/8 cup oil
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce

Topping:
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Generously spray muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients to the middle.  Stir with a fork until just combined.  Batter will be lumpy.
4. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5.  Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes on a wire rack.  Meanwhile melt the butter in a small bowl.  Combine the sugar and spices in another bowl.
6. Dip the warm muffin tops in the butter and then in the sugar mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment