I'm participating in Weekend Potluck again this week. Check out all of the great links!
Rocky Road Brownies
1 box brownie mix (and all ingredients needed to prepare them)
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 stick butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp milk (to get a smooth consistency)
1. Make brownies according the package. Stir in almonds before baking.
2. When brownies have about 5 minutes left of baking, sprinkle entire bag of marshmallows on top of brownies and place in the oven for the remainder of the baking time.
3. Allow brownies to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, make frosting. Beat butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add milk to make the frosting smooth.
5. Pour frosting over the marshmallow. Allow to cool completely to avoid very messy brownies with melted frosting.