Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Scallops

Pin It Summer grilling season is in full swing.  I bet I use our grill at least 4 nights a week when the weather is nice.  Tonight I tackled scallops.  These were absolutely amazing.  I definitely regret not making a double batch so I could have leftovers (or just eat 3 helpings for dinner).  We will be having these in the near future for sure.

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Scallops
12 oz scallops - I used small 40-60 count, but feel free to use any size you want (I will probably use larger next time)
8-10 slices of bacon
1/2 cup BBQ sauce of your choice (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ)

6 skewers

1. Lay bacon on a papertowel covered plate and microwave for 2 minutes or until partially cooked.  (You could also partially fry the bacon on the stove, just don't cook it all the way)
2. Wrap bacon around scallops and place on a skewer.  Because my scallops were small I could get 3-4 scallops wrapped with one strip of bacon.
3. Grill skewers for about 1-2 minutes per side, basting with BBQ sauce.
4. Scallops are done when they become opaque.  Bacon will also get crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment