Pin It Albert has a sweet tooth, but he is super picky about his treats. I usually just buy refrigerated cookie dough at the store and bake them about once a week so Albert has something to snack on. Well he decided that store bought cookies have too many chocolate chips in them and that they get stale quicker than homemade cookies. (He's crazy, I know). Well my track record with chocolate chip cookies is not great. They usually turn out hard as a rock and they don't spread out. I always just use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I have had this problem my entire life despite constantly trying to improve them. Well, I'm happy to say that I finally found a recipe that turned out perfect! These are moist, chewy and the perfect thickness for a good cookie.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
*Recipe from Lovin' From the Oven
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cream melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a mixer. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
2. Sift the dry ingredients and slowly add them to the mixer. Mix until just combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Dough will be very sticky. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
6. Using a medium cookie scoop, place cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.