Pin It I love fall and all of the awesome things that go with it! Apple picking is near the top of my favorite things about fall list. This bread is an awesome way to use some of those apples when you don't feel like an apple pie. It is also relatively healthy. This makes a delicious breakfast or a yummy snack on a fall day. Great for sharing too!
Shared at Weekend Potluck Strut Your Stuff Saturday and Sweet Confessions
Original Recipe from Skinny Taste
1 large apple, peeled and finely diced
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp agave syrup or honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups applesauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour *or all purpose
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
brown sugar for the topping **optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine apples, lemon juice, agave and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Toss to coat and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites, applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla until it starts to thicken.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda and remaining spices. Slowly add to wet mixture and mix until just moistened. Don't over mix or your bread will be dense and tough.
5. Fold in apples and walnuts.
6. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Sprinkle top with brown sugar.
7. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.