Pin It It's getting to that time of year when I don't mind turning my oven on to make dinner. Over the summer it was so hot I didn't want to turn the oven on for anything so we did a lot of grilling. This is a fabulous weeknight meal. It can be whipped together in about 5 minutes and then you just put it in the oven and forget it for about 40 minutes. And what's not to love about cripsy, crunchy, cheesy chicken? While the chicken is cooking whip up a few side dishes and you have a fantastic dinner.
Crunchy Cheesy Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Get out 3 plates or shallow dishes. Place flour in one, egg in one and cheese and breadcrumbs in the third dish. Mix cheese and breadcrumbs together.
3. Dip chicken in flour, then egg, then cheese/breadcrumb mixture. Pat the cheese/breadcrumbs on the chicken so it sticks.
4. Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your chicken.