Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins

Pin It Everytime I make chili I have to make cornbread.  I usually just make a pan and cut squares.  Today I was feeling creative and decided to spice it up a bit.  I originally was just gong to make cheddar cornbread, but I had an open jar of jalapenos that were just asking to be used.  Don't let the jalapenos scare you.  These are not too spicy at all and you can definitely adjust the amount to your liking.  These are absolutely fabulous with my Weeknight Chili!


Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
1 box cornbread mix (I used Krusteaz Honey Cornbread mix)
ingredients to make cornbread according to box
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 4 oz can diced jalapenos, well drained 0r 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno slices*adjust amount according to taste**
12 jalapeno slices

1. Make cornbread according to box directions
2. Stir in jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
3. Fill 12 greased muffin cups with batter.  Top eacah muffin with a jalapeno slice.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment